Hello! Over the many months of 2020-2021 I have been revising my lunch pasta recipe! I have this pasta for lunch almost every day and it has served me well, I hope you will also enjoy it and it will serve you well too.
The amounts listed here serve ONE person, duplicate as required.
- 90g of a good penne pasta
- 2-3 slices of American style thin bacon
- 2-3 chestnut or similar mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of garlic paste
- a splash of Worcestershire sauce
- half a heaped teaspoon of Marmite
- a thumb of parmesan cheese
- half a thumb of butter
- oil of the olives
- 3-4 actual olives (optional)
- salt, pepper and rosemary
How to make it!
- Cook pasta in a pot of salted boiling water
- Cut bacon, mushrooms and olives into small bits, start frying in a pan with butter and oil
- Add pepper and rosemary to pan, fry until almost cooked but not crispy
- Add garlic paste to pan and fry for a minute or so
- Pour a small amount of water from the pasta pot into the frying pan, bring to simmer
- Add Worcestershire sauce, Marmite and parmesan to the pan and incorporate
- Wait till the pasta is nearly cooked but still a bit hard, then pour the pasta water out into your serving dish
- Put the pasta into the frying pan and stir frequently
- Cook until the pasta is done to your taste and the liquid has almost all gone, add more pasta water if needed
- Discard remaining pasta water from the serving dish, and serve pasta hot in the warmed dish!
Final notes! Goes well with a Pepsi. It has often seemed to me this would go very well with mussels cooked alongside the bacon, however I have yet to try it!